It’s always a perfect time to grow your business. Even if yours is an at-home or online business, a brick-and-mortar or service business, joining the Somerville Business and Professional Association can provide major benefits while enriching your local community.
Here’s 10 reasons to join the Somerville Business and Professional Association:
1) INCREASED OPPORTUNITIES FOR B2B NETWORKING Be a part of the local business community. Build connections through SBPA networking events, seminars and monthly Board meetings. Member to member discounts available. For example, members enjoy a 15% discount on ads placed with The Breeze!
2) GROW YOUR FACE BOOK PRESENCE FOR FREE! Special posts for your business for the holidays and other relevant events. The SBPA facebook page showcases members’ businesses, promotes “shopping local,” and offers up to date news links about local events.
3) ENJOY DISCOUNTS FOR THE TWO ANNUAL STREET FAIRS The street fairs are a great way to showcase your business! The SBPA also sets up a booth and promotes traffic to our members’ booths! Members enjoy a special discount to the street fairs.
4) BE A PART OF SOMERVILLE’S CHANGING LANDSCAPE Our board meetings, facebook page and community outreach keeps you posted so you can capitalize on all the changes in town instead of being blindsided!
5) THE SBPA HAS YOUR BACK! We fight for changes that can impact your business. We’re a separate, independent business organization that is not run by the town government. That means that we can be a bit more outspoken about issues that might impact your business.
6) ENHANCE YOUR BUSINESS IMAGE BY GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY Displaying the SBPA sticker gives your business credibility and trustworthiness. You can be proud of the SBPA contributions to the community!
7) BE PART OF SBPA’S OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY EVENTS The SBPA hosts the 2 street fairs, the JC Craft Fair, and Holiday events, such as Meet Santa Breakfasts and Lunches with photos, plus the famous Carriage Rides in town.
8) MEMBERS ONLY EVENTS Be a part of special SBPA members-only events that drive traffic though the door and into your store! Become a member and be a part of the pitching and planning process!
9) HOST AN EVENT This is an awesome opportunity to create exposure and solidify your business through hosting an SBPA event in your store! We’ll help you promote it for FREE!
10) INCREASED MARKETING FOR YOUR BUSINESS-all FREE! FREE exposure on our facebook page, a FREE link to your business on our website, and FREE mentions on related email campaigns, event flyers, and press releases.
We care about your success! Join today!
To join, click on the “applications” tab on this website and follow the instructions.
Questions? Call our Treasurer Lorraine Sarra at
(:Don’t forget to “like” us on facebook:)